Seeking diversity in experience, expanding knowledge, and creating human connections with other passionate individuals
LinkedIn- Priya A. Patel, PharmD, MBA, Regional Director of Pharmacy at Baylor Scott & White Health.
In this episode, I got a chance to speak with Priya A. Patel, PharmD, MBA, and gained insight on pharmacy management from a health-system level. If you are a pharmacist seeking a position in a health-system, or acute care setting, this is invaluable information that can not only help you get a foot in the door but also become successful in your new position.
Some of the topics we covered:
- How can pharmacists transition from retail to hospital pharmacy practice?
- How can acute care pharmacists understand larger organizational goals?
- Why reaching out to leaders when applying for professional positions.
- Developing actionable plans to bring to leadership
- What is the best pathway to becoming a leader in a hospital or health system?
- Pharmacists are the most accessible health care professional – that needs to be the case IRL and on Social Media.
Lectures, books, and other media referenced
How great leaders inspire action – TED Talk – Simon Sinek
Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action – Simon Sinek
Extreme Ownership – Leading up the chain of command – Jocko Willink
Tribe of Mentors – Tim Ferriss
Think Like a Monk – Jay Shetty