Do you think we should use Vitamin C + Thiamine + Hydrocortisone in sepsis?
Welcome to the EM PharmD podcast! In this episode, I’ll breakdown the recent VITAMINS trial published in JAMA.
The question has been on everyone’s mind – should septic patients get Vitamin C?
Have questions or comments? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to check www.empharmd.com for new updates and the latest information about everything emergency medicine.
Follow me on Twitter @iempharmd
VITAMINS trial Secondary Outcome:
- 28-day mortality 90-day mortality
- The proportion of patients who had died to ICU discharge
- The proportion of patients who had died to hospital discharge
- 28-day cumulative vasopressor-free days
- 28-day mechanical ventilation-free days
- 28-day renal replacement therapy-free days
- The change in SOFA score from baseline score measured at randomization to the score at Day 3
- The number of days alive and free of ICU from randomization to 90 days
- Hospital length of stay
The VITAMINS Trial – EM PharmD Podcast